"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Friday, April 24, 2015

One Day

I once fell lost and alone thinking that I would never be able to find happiness,
I was sucked into a world full of darkness.
The endless pain was unbearable,
Breathing, walking, talking but contaminated with a disease.
A disease called  a broken heart.
So far I hadn't been able to heal those wounds,
Instead I kept getting into feuds.

They say that things get easier,
That time heals all things.
That's a lie.
It worsens with time,
Little by little you begin to die.
Scrutinizing pain evolving your whole body, mind and soul,
Hoping that the remaining pieces can be sewn.

Where is God?
Where are you now?
If you exist then why do you make me suffer?
Why are you tormenting me?
Are you even real?
Why am I here?
I have so little to live for.

Submerged in those rhetorical questions the pain, the cluelessness only deepened.
Sorrow becomes a faithful companion,
Tears become a necessity,
The pillow becomes a best friend.

Love.
Peace.
Happiness.
Nowhere to be found.

No God didn't save me,
No He didn't give me happiness,
No He didn't come into my life.

He was always there with me all along,
It was I that never bothered to believe in Him,
It was I that hadn't gone to His arms when I was discomforted,
It was I that gave my back to Him,
It was I that hadn't given my life to Him.

But that one day,
I gave my life to Him,
It was then that He had permission to be in my life.

One day: I found happiness.


4 comments:

  1. I like the poem it really touch my heart and it has happen to me. One day I gave god my life and everything change. Somebody once say who said it would be easy. God only promise that he wouldn't let us fall and that he was going to be there by our side. I admire your strength not being afraid to say what you believe in and what others may say about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eliceo, your right it's never easy but He does give us the strength that we need. Needless to say I can't be ashamed of my faith I mean Jesus wasn't ashamed to die for me on that cross, so why should I be shamed? And I learned that, and now well I do it without even thinking about what others will think of me. :)

      Delete
  2. This was really deep the way the poem went was really touching, this is how I have been feeling lately with little of happiness but now that I read this. I realized of how much things I have been missing and that God is always there you just need to look for him. Maybe I have been focusing on the wrong people, honestly this was great and I like that you talk about God in this way. I think it is true all those questions were asked at some point "where is God?" is the one I ask myself when I am hurt but then I remember that God gives the toughest battles to his bravest soldiers. God is like a teacher he will help you if you look for him and a teacher is always quiet during a test just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you can connect with what I wrote and even happier that it could contribute to realizing that sometimes we're the ones that have to make the move. I agree and like the simile to God being like a teacher because it's true, unless we ask him for him he won't interfere, and during our trials he won't say anything but see what we we do.

    ReplyDelete