"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Friday, May 15, 2015

Home Movie Review


 Home is a PG rated movie from an animated, adventure and comedy genre that involves a sweet lovable alien named Oh. In this movie the meaning of "Home" is being considered through Oh's and his new earthy friend Tip through their adventure in saving earth. It shows us that no matter the mistakes that we make, no matter if we're different, home can be found with that one person that we love and not necessarily just a physical home. We all have mistakes and it's okay because we're humans: we're made of flaws but that's what make us who we are, they make us a better person.

I'm not going to lie that I did cry throughout some parts of the movie and yes I say it loud and proud. Why? It made me go back to all the times that I had gone through so many struggles within my family, I felt alone, I didn't feel like I had a family actually and that was the sad part. Seeing Oh get rejected by everyone just because he made so many mistakes and for being different made me realize that I wasn't the only one that went through that but there's also other teenagers and even children that go through that still. Fortunately we find "Home" where we find love from though unfortunately not everyone finds it. I was privileged that I found my "Home" in God before anything else, and once again I found it with my husband who has shown me a whole different aspect of what a family is like. This movie made me reflect a lot and I absolutely loved it from beginning to the end.

Oh meets Tip when he and the whole Boov population moved into earth trying to escape another race of aliens that are trying to capture them, thanks to Oh for sending a party invitation to all the Boov population and giving away their whereabouts to their enemy race. Tip is out on an adventure to find her mom and Oh is trying to escape captivity from the Boov police, as they both try to meet their individual goals they learn the true meaning of friendship. Oh learns about the humans music and their English and more than all that it's okay to make mistakes it's a "human thing".

This movie isn't only limited for children only, it can be watched by anyone (even adults). It shows many moral messages shown through little details that convey a life lesson. I highly recommend this movie and I highly hope you enjoy!

Have you watched it? What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment