"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Thursday, April 2, 2015

"God's Not Dead" Movie Review

"God's Not Dead" is a Christian based movie that was released on 2014 and was ranked the #2 movie in the country. It is categorized as Drama with a rating of PG, this movie has been watched not only by believers but also by unbelievers and even atheists. Being a Christian based movie, it's made the point that indifferent from other Christian movies with the boldness, challenges faced, and several people's lives being portrayed at the same time. It's meant to show how believers faith can make a difference wherever they are, and they shouldn't be shamed of what they believe in. They must proof not only with they're words but with they're life that they're faith in God is not only superficial.

It actually did make me analyze how I've been expressing my own faith as a Christian, have I been letting myself be intimidated by non-believers opinions? Perhaps I haven't done enough to actually proof by my way of living that God is alive. I know he's alive for everything that he's done in my life, I used to live a totally different life but when I found God it all changed. The obstacles that Josh Wheaton (Shane Harper) faced was a way of seeing if God's will or people's would prevail.

Josh Wheaton is a freshman college student two's objectives was only to study and build his career for his future with his girlfriend. Only to find out that his Philosophy professor is a huge atheist that compared to a Roman soldier back in the days wouldn't be too far off. Josh deals with an inner struggle between doing what everyone else around him is telling him to do, and what the voice within  him is telling him to do so. Only to make matters worse, his girlfriend whom is supposed to have the same faith as him, I mean c'mon they met in a youth group meeting, breaks up with him due to what he has decided to  do because well she's selfish.

Many people say that it was a movie with "bizarre drama" but in my reality it wasn't, it was that "bizarre drama" that actually made it's point be made. After all they're trying to fro of that God is real so how not show it when people are in the bottom of the pit and no other person is there for them? Yet God ends up being there for them, which I can personally say it's happened in my life and other's people's life that I know.

Shane Harper who played Josh Wheaton is an American actor, dancer and song-writer. He is mainly known for playing the role of Spencer on the show, "Good Luck Charlie" on Disney Channel.

Christians will enjoy this movie though unfortunately majority of non-chistians might not like this very much.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgL_FYMQKc

2 comments:

  1. Your movie review was pretty straight forward to the point of your thoughts about this movie "God's Not dead". As well as you I have seen this movie and is a pretty good movie for Christians, even as a Christians we don't show our belief because we listen to what other want us to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I mean we shouldn't really listen to those opinions after all we all have our own beliefs, opinions and way of living our lives.

      Delete