"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Fault In Our Stars (Spoiler Alert)

Can I say that I cried and cried and cried and cried some more though out this movie? Do I have to mention that this movie touched my heart so much so that I cried with Hazel? I don't think so. Though I'm still going to tell you that I did cry and yes I did feel her pain. This was actually a book first and then turned into a movie that has now gone viral, majority of people know or have already seen/read it.

I'm not going to speak about the story, if you want you can go ahead and search it up and watch it or go ahead and read it (in a nice voice hehe). What I'm going to to speak about is about the story itself that conveys the true definition of love, Hazel and Gus stuck by each other's side no matter what throughout they're sickness. Gus knew that Hazel would die one unexpected but what Hazel didn't know was...that he was going to die soon too. He ends up (spoiler alert) dying before her sadly, he had cancer that caused his heart to stop.

Relationships nowadays are so superficial that it's hard to find a relationship that actually has the real meaning of being there for one another when things get fought, instead that's when they decide to quit. Like c'mon you told that person, "I love you," and just like that you leave them like hot potatoes because of a small problem. So not true that you love them. This movie conveys love in action, they hardly said "I love you" but with their actions they said it plenty of times.

How do we show we love the people around us? Maybe we should consider our actions towards them.

4 comments:

  1. In the movie I was so surprised by what everything had happen because the movie really caught my eye. The movie taught me so many lessons in life and what you can look up to because there's always a person out there for everybody in this world, even if they're sick we all have the same love no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We will all find the right person one day and no matter the situation of the other person it's love.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've heard, people have mixed feelings about it. Some of my friends say it's amazing and touching, while others say it was a waste of time. But, the way you connect it with real modern day relationships is interesting. So many people take their relationships for for granted and it sucks, but I personally don't think it's healthy to try to live up to the relationship standards set in movies, novels, Television shows, ect, because those relationships are meant for entertainment purposes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I learned that we shouldn't try to compare or have a relationship like the ones we see in movies, books, etc because at the end of the day their story is made up. Every reality relationship will have it's struggle but it doesn't mean that it can't have a happy ending, perhaps not a perfect ending like in the movies/book but it'll have it's own special ending. Though for that to happen we need to appreciate the person we love and be with them no matter the struggles.

      Delete