"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Love Story by Taylor Swift




In today's post I will be talking about this song that I personally like from Taylor Swift the song's name is "Love Story". Ever since I heard it I immediately liked it, and that's a very long time were talking about! Perhaps about 3 years ago, call me a weirdo but I do like some country and we all (or the majority that is) know that Taylor started off her career as a singer with country songs. But guess what? I am a sucker for love songs. What I liked about this song was the fact that it was so innocent, so pure, so not sexual. Nowadays most of the songs I hear talk about either sex or drugs if it's not either it's both of them, it's hard to find an innocent song or just normal songs for my taste.

This song precisely talks about two high school teenagers that fall on love with each other but the girls dad (as always dad's are so truly over protective :\) didn't agree with their relationship, it's then that they're love turns into a fairy tale if you could say that. He soon realizes that the only way he can love her without limits, without no one being able to get in between them, to be able to love each other forever...is to marry her. 

Is such a sweet song like oh my goodness! Every time I hear it it still brings me back to the same feeling: butterflies in my stomach, that gushy feeling in my heart (whom is saying "awww"). Back then I loved it and I was single but this song made the wait for the right person even more special, unique...pure.  And now that I have my other half that completes me it makes more sense and it's still very special, I like the song very much. 

Though I do wish that Taylor would find the true meaning of love to her own song to enable herself to truly be happy in her love life. I love her voice but I find her recent songs very different than what she used to sing before and that scares me. I thought at one point that she was actually brave for being different than the other artists, her songs were different even her way of dressing was different but now she's just like everyone else. But what can I say? People do change, and that's just the way it is, I'll always love her voice and I'm pretty sure they'll always be songs that I'll like anyways.

What about you? What kind of genre do you listen to? Favorite song? Drop down your comments :)
Ps. Here's the link to the video in case you haven't heard the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E

No comments:

Post a Comment