"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Friday, March 13, 2015

Let go


Why are you so promiscuous with me darling?
Why are you so cynical?
Why are you so pessimist?

I'm hanging on a thread,
And I'm skeptical of the fact if you can actually lead.
You tell me "I love you" and you embrace me in your arms,
But love doesn't leave you with loneliness.
Why darling why must you hurt me,
I've done nothing but love you.


Can't see straight,
I've lost all my strength.
Can't you see I'm grief stricken?
You've hurt me in the most cruel way my darling.
I want you but my heart is being taken,
It's a feeling so alien like that it's startling. 

Oh honey you left me heart sore,
A wound so deep inside my soul.
It goes down into my core,
You committed a life foul. 
You shattered my poor heart,
Threw a poisonous dart.

I thought I loved you,
But I misunderstood my obsession.
What I had for you wasn't love,
It was mere possession.
I've set you free,
Because I'm a better me without you. 

Darling I hold no malevolence,
My heart doesn't hold malice.

You left me heartbroken with your bitterness,
But now I've found happiness.
I had to let you go to make space for something new,
Something that I didn't know. 

I've found true Love from up above,
Now I live in grace.
Darling I wish the best for you,
Darling I wish happiness for you, 
Darling take care.

 Why?
I've let you go from my life.
I received bigger blessings because I set you free.
All you caused me was grievance,
But now I have peace.

Darling thank you,
Thank you for teaching me a life lesson,
To let go.


1 comment:

  1. I love poems so much because they give meaning to the authors description of how life can mean so much. Including poems helps brings out people emotions and how a person really feels.

    ReplyDelete