"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rape Isn't Cool






Rape can be a traumatizing experiencing that no one, women or men alike, should go through. It can be damaging emotionally and even physically, it can even lead to suicide and murder. 

Majority of the people that hear the word "rape" often think automatically that only women go through this, that only strangers do this to people. Well the reality is that even the masculine figure goes through this cruel abuse unfortunately.

Sadly there's people that are abused by people they loved, someone that they thought loved them. Instead they come to find out that this beloved person forces them into a traumatizing situation that lasts a lifetime. A husband or boyfriend can rape someone technically, if sex or any sexual contact is unwanted it is already considered raped. 


As I watched this movie I was greatly touched, it was a unique experience. Two years ago I read the book for the very first time, the title itself already called my attention "Speak". Meanwhile I read I was transferred into a painful journey, I grieved while I read yet I was captivated by the journey of this young girl. Now as I watched the movie I experienced de'ja voo. 


I'll admit that at the end while she walked away from Evans all scratched up with fresh wounds on her face, my eyes watered. She had the courage to speak up about her rape occurrence, and because of that she was able to achieve inner freedom.


Nowadays many women, men and children are going through the same scenario. The scars left behind are too deep to heal, many aren't able to cope with it at all that it makes them act to the extremes. Others are better at running away from what actually happened, while a minority are actually able to heal and start a fresh life. 


I'm against rape, I believe in a cure for rape victims as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment