"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Friday, February 27, 2015

Abductions of Christians in Syria

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/24/us-mideast-crisis-christians-idUSKBN0LS0MH20150224

Syria's Christian population is undergoing through some harsh times with the killings and kidnapping of elderly and young women that have assumed their faith in God. Over the course of four years Christian's living there have emigrated due to the conflict going on ub their towns. They're traveling far from home to Hasaka seeking safety, refuge and the freedom to walk around without having to worry about being killed. I chose this article because it worries me that people that share my faith are being murdered for admitting what they believe in. No one is killed for saying, "My favorite color is blue," instead they'll get a response similar to this,"Oh my favorite color is green." Which is why in my opinion it shouldn't be of anyone's concern what someone's religion is, it does't give anyone the right to take away a person's life, that's natures and God's decision to make. For example,  I don't have anything against homosexuals but I don't agree with homesexuality. It doesn't mean I'm going to disrespect,  judge, mistreat or commit an injustice against them by any means. This affects not only me but Christians all around the world, it means that believers are being persecuted in Syria so what could stop it from spreading into the whole world? It could begin to happen in other states, countries, cities and towns all over the world. That's why is important that other people are aware that this is going on, is a hate crime against someone who has different beliefs than what everyone expects them to  have. I could say, "The persecutions should be stopped! ", but I'm not im just going to be realistic.  It's not going to stop it's going to keep getting worser and worser unfortunately.  What can we do then? Pray, pray for them and try to do whatever we can to help if it's in own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment