"The stars may fall, but God's promises will stand and be fulfilled."
- J.I Packer

Monday, December 1, 2014

In Her Shoes





I ounce saw a plain girl,

She seemed so distant yet so attentive.


“Happiness seemed so far away,

No roads, no paths, I just couldn’t find a way.

Something so simple,

Yet so unbelievable.

Hope, hope is a funny word”,

She told me.

“Hope is like telling a fish it can fly,

Like pointing at the stars at night hoping you’ll be able to touch them.”

She gave me a look of despair,

As if she didn’t have a repair.


Eyes so sad they darkened,

Lips so dry they trembled,          

Face in such agony that it twisted.


“Go party they said, it’ll be fun they said.

Tell him yes they said, it’ll be fine they said.

Cut yourself I said. It’ll ease the pain I said,”


Her words cut with irony,

She smiled in mockery,

But it wasn’t even funny.


I observed how sorrow penetrated her soul,

A vulnerability took over my being.

To desperately want to help this woeful girl,

I wanted to stop her mournful state,

Unfortunately I couldn’t.


That girl was me.


Like a hero Christ came and he rescued me,

Took away my chains,

Cleansed my shame,

Forgave my sins,

And my every mistake.


Now I’m turnt,

I’m not who I used to be.

Because I’m brand new in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment